Who doesn’t love fresh guac? The other day I realized I had two good sized avocados that were about to be over ripe. So, I checked around my kitchen and realized I had all the fixins’ of one of the best snacks of all time: guacamole! 🥑
- 2 avocados
- 1 tomato
- Onion (I had like a little red onion, so that’s what I went with, but typically yellow is the way to go)
- Chilis (jalapeños work best. I happened to keep hatch green chilis on hand 🤷🏼♀️)
- 1-2 tsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Serving size: 40 g
1. Dice the onion and tomato into small pieces.
2. Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit (either by using a knife or just squeezing it out if the avocado is ripe enough), and scrape into a bowl.
3. Add the tomatoes, onion, about 2 tsp hatch chilis, salt, pepper, and lemon juice and mix.
4. Depending on your preferences, you can add more spices to the mix. I like a good amount of flavor, so I added 1 tsp of cayenne and 1 tsp cumin.
5. Grab your favorite chips and enjoy!